A forward-only email address is an email address that does not have an active mailbox. This is because this user’s primary function is to forward all emails sent to it to another email user. The message will only be stored on the user that is set to receive the forwarded email.
DO NOT set an active email address to a forward-only address. This will delete all emails previously saved under this address.
All hosting plans except Shared Starter offer email at no cost.
While Shared Starter hosting plans and domain registration-only accounts do not include email, you can add a paid email plan to your account that includes up to 5 email addresses. View the following article for more information:
Creating a forward-only email address
There are four mail hosting providers DreamHost does not allow forwarding to: AOL, Comcast, Microsoft, and Verizon. When attempting to set up a forward to any of these hosts, you will receive an error message.
- Navigate to the Manage Email page.
- Click the Create Email button.
- Select your domain from the Select a domain dropdown under Email Address.
- Enter the name of your new email address in the text box that appears.
- Select Forward-Only Email under Mailbox Type and click the Continue button.
- Enter the email address you want to forward to under Add Email addresses to forward. You can list additional email addresses to forward to by clicking the Add field button.
- Click the Create Email button at the bottom of the page to save the new information.
Changing an existing email to forward-only
Remove email forwarding
There are two options to remove email forwarding:
- Change 'forwarding' to a fully hosted email or garbage email.
- Delete the forward address.
To remove email forwarding from an address, visit the Manage Email page in your panel and then click the Manage button to the right of the forward address. From there, you can change your mail address under Change Email Type or delete the address by clicking the red Delete button.