A forward-only email address is an email address that does not have an active mailbox. This is because this user’s primary function is to forward all email sent to it to another email user. The message will only be stored on the user that is set to receive the forwarded email.
If you want to receive email in addition to forwarding it, you would create a redirect instead. View the following article for instructions on how to set up a fully hosted email address:
Once added, you would add any email you like to the field 'List all email addresses to forward to, one per line.
Creating a mail forward
- Visit the (Panel > ‘Mail’ > ‘Manage Emails’) page in your panel:
- Click the Create New Email Address button.
- Scroll down to the 'Forward Only' section.
- Email Address
- To the left of the “@” symbol, enter your desired alias. To the right of the “@” symbol, select the domain or subdomain the user will be created under.
- List all email addresses to forward to, one per line
- Enter the email address or addresses you wish to have this user forward to. Make sure you have each email address to forward to set up on its own line within the empty field.
- Click the Forward to These Addresses! button to create the forwarding.
Forward-only email addresses are email addresses that do not have an active mailbox because these users are meant to forward all emails sent to it to another email address.
Description of fields in the forward-only email page
Forwarding-Only Addresses: In this column, you will only see the email address of the forwarding user because there is no active mailbox to show any details for.
Forwards to: This column will show the email address of the user that will receive the messages sent to this forwarding user. You can add more than one if you’d like.
Actions: This column has two options for each user listed: Edit and Delete.
- Edit: The edit button takes you to another page where you can make changes to your forward address.
- Delete: Clicking this button deletes the user, but a pop-up window displays prompting you to verify this request first with the message:
Really delete firstname.lastname@example.org? (There is no email stored with it.)
- Clicking “OK” will delete the user and the mailbox for that user. This will require a few minutes, but once this is done, you will no longer see that user listed on the (Panel > ‘Mail’ > ‘Manage Emails’) page for that domain.