If you have forgotten or lost your mail password, you must instead log into the DreamHost panel (either as the primary account owner or a privileged user) in order to create a new one. If you do not have access to the DreamHost panel, please contact the account owner for assistance.
There are two places to change your email password:
- In your DreamHost account panel
- In the 'Mailboxes' panel
This article also explains how to change the password of a Discussion List.
Using the DreamHost panel
Before you begin
The following section is also available as an instructional video:
To change it in the panel, proceed with the following instructions:
- Navigate to the Manage Email page.
- Locate an email address you wish to adjust.
- Click the Manage button located on the right of that address.
- Scroll down to the Change Password section and select one of the following options:
- Let the system pick a new password for you by clicking the link.
- Create your own password and enter it twice.
- Click the Save Changes button to save your new password. The new password will take effect within a few minutes.
If you choose to have the panel create a password for you by selecting, the new system-generated password will display.
Using the Mailboxes panel
You must already know your password to use this option. You can then log into the mailboxes panel to update it to something else.
If you do not remember your password, the only option is to update it in the panel as shown above.
View the following article for instructions on how to log into the Mailboxes interface:
There is no way to update the password within Webmail. You must log in to the DreamHost panel or Mailboxes interface. If you need to give your email users access to change their own password, you can assign individual privileges for them in the panel. View the Account Privileges article for details.
Discussion List user
If you have no access to the list, this must be reset by DreamHost support.
Create a ticket in your panel on the Contact Support page. Make sure to include the list you need the admin password reset for.
You must also send the support request from your primary email linked to your account. Only then will support be able to update the password for you.