Cyberduck is an FTP, SFTP, and WebDav client as well as a cloud storage browser for Mac and Windows. You can use Cyberduck to connect to your DreamObjects account.
This article describes the following:
Connecting Cyberduck to DreamObjects
- Download Cyberduck.
- Launch Cyberduck.
- On Windows, click the bookmark icon.
- From the dropdown, select Amazon S3.
- Enter the following:
- Nickname: Give your bookmark a name so you can remember what this connection is for.
- Server: objects-us-east-1.dream.io
- Port: 443
- Close the bookmark to save it.
- Double-click on your newly created bookmark. A window appears prompting you to enter the Access Key and Secret Key for the DreamObjects user/buckets to which you wish to connect. View the following article for instructions on locating your Access and Secret Keys in your panel.
MacMake sure the checkbox titled Add to Keychain is checked. If you choose to save your credentials, you won’t be prompted to enter them again.
WindowsMake sure the checkbox titled Save password is checked. If you choose to save your credentials, you won’t be prompted to enter them again.
- Click the Login button.
- Upon successful connection, your buckets appear listed as drives in the interface:
Cyberduck makes it very simple to manage your data. Once you’ve connected to DreamObjects, simply click and drag files and folders to and from Cyberduck.
- When uploading or downloading files, a transfer window appears:
Cyberduck can be used to update your bucket or object permissions.
The example below shows how to adjust your bucket's permissions, but the steps are exactly the same to change an object's permissions.
- Connect Cyberduck to your bucket. A list of your buckets displays.
- Click the bucket name (or click an object within the bucket).
- Open the bucket's permissions.
- In the pop-up box, click the dropdown icon on the bottom left.
- From that dropdown, choose Everyone.
- A new Grantee is listed. To the right of the 'Everyone' Grantee, click the box.
- Within this box, choose 'READ'.
- Finally, click the General tab to ensure your new settings are saved.
If you check your bucket or object permissions now, you'll see they are set to PUBLIC.