This article is an overview of the control panel as a whole. While it won’t necessarily cover the all of the specifics of every single page, it provides you with the resources to navigate the panel and locate any information needed.
Logging into the DreamHost panel
To log into your DreamHost panel, visit the following URL:
- Enter your primary email address linked to your account and its password.
- Click the Sign In button.
- If you forgot your password, click Reset password and follow the instructions.
Only the primary email set up on your account can reset your password using this link. If you require other people to access your account you must set up Account Privileges for each new user.
- If you’ve enabled Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), your login screen looks like this:
- Enter the MFA code and then click Sign In.
- View the Enabling Multi-factor Authentication article for details on this service.
The following describes the menus from top to bottom that appears on the left side of your panel.
The Main Menu is the primary list for all the pages in your panel. Each section has a description of the various actions you are able to perform once they’re selected. Each of the items are described in the following table:
|Menu item||Description||Link to more information|
|Home||The only option available is ‘Dashboard’ which is the main page of the panel where you see news regarding DreamHost services.|
|Domains||Where you manage domain services such as hosting, DNS, registration, and site statistics.||Domains Menu|
|Allows you to manage email services such as filters, discussion/announcement lists, and MX records.||Mail Menu|
|DreamPress||Links to view your DreamPress site info and add additional resources to enhance the website.||DreamPress menu|
|VPS||Provides the links to to configure a Virtual Private Server (VPS) and manage its users.||VPS Menu|
|Dedicated Servers||Similar to the VPS category, but instead specifically refers to managing a Dedicated server rather than a VPS.||Dedicated Servers Menu|
|Remixer||Click-to-edit site builder, that requires no coding experience||Remixer|
|Cloud Services||Provides access to DreamObjects and DreamCompute services.||Cloud Services Menu|
|Users||This category provides options to manage and backup your users.||User's Menu|
|Billing & Account||Provides links to manage your account and make payments.||Billing & Account Menu|
|Contact Support||Provides links to view your data centers and submit a support request.||Support Menu|
The top right of the panel lists options that are described below:
|Menu item||Where it links||Description|
|Knowledge Base||https://help.dreamhost.com/||DreamHost's Knowledge base that contains articles to help customers find solutions to any issues they may have.|
|Community Forum||https://discussion.dreamhost.com||DreamHost’s official forum where you can post/answer questions with other users.|
|Toggle Knowledge Center||Toggle panel help on and off. When ON, you'll see relevant articles linked on the right of the page.|
|Live Chat||Clicking this launches a Live Chat window to connect to technical support.|
|Email Support||https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=support.msg||Links you to panel support page where you can submit a ticket.|
Search field box
While you could navigate the panel using the main menu described above, you can also use the search box in the upper right of your panel:
Type in any term you wish and it searches all available panel and article options.
Click your username on the upper right of the (Panel > 'HOME' > 'Dashboard') page:
- Account Information
- Takes you to the (Panel > 'Billing & Account' > 'Manage Account') page. Here you can view a list of your active account services such as hosting plans, servers, users created, mailboxes, domains, and databases.
- Profile Information
- Takes you to the 'Contact Info' page where you can change contact information for your account along with managing preferences and security settings for the panel. View the Updating contact information and privacy settings article for further instructions.
- Privacy Settings
- Takes you to the (Panel > 'Billing & Account' > 'Privacy Settings') page. Here you can adjust your privacy preferences for DreamHost's emails and services. View the Updating your contact information and privacy settings article for further instructions.
- Takes you to the (Panel > 'Billing & Account' > 'Make Payment') page. Here you can make a payment or add a credit card to your account.
- Click to end your current session in the panel.