This article is an overview of the control panel as a whole. While it won’t necessarily cover all of the specifics of every single page, it provides you with the resources to navigate the panel and locate any information needed.
Logging into the DreamHost panel
To log into your DreamHost panel, visit the following URL:
- Enter your primary email address linked to your account and the password, or use the Sign In with Google method using your Gmail address.
- Click the Sign In button.
- If you forgot your password, click Click here to reset and follow the instructions.
Only the primary email set up on your account can reset your password using this link. If you require other people to access your account you must set up Account Privileges for each new user.
- If you’ve enabled Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), your login screen looks like this:
- Enter the MFA code and then click Sign In.
- View the Enabling Multi-factor Authentication article for details on this service.
The following describes the menus from top to bottom that appear on the left side of your panel.
The Main Menu is the primary list for all the pages in your panel. Each section has a description of the various actions you are able to perform once they’re selected. Each of the items is described in the following table:
|Menu item||Description||Link to more information|
|Home||The only option available is 'Get Started' which is the main dashboard page of the panel where you see news regarding DreamHost services.|
|Websites||Where you manage domain services such as hosting, DNS, MySQL databases, and SSL/TLS certificates. A file manager is also available for you to log into your server.||Websites menu|
|Domain Names||Where you manage domain registrations and transfers.||Domain Names menu|
|WordPress||Links to view your DreamPress site info and add additional resources to enhance the website.||WordPress menu|
|Allows you to manage email services such as filters, Discussion/Announcement Lists, MX records, and more.||Mail menu|
|VPS||Provides the links to to configure a Virtual Private Server (VPS) and manage its users.||VPS menu|
|Remixer||Use DreamHost's Click-to-edit site builder Remixer, which requires no coding experience.||Remixer|
|Cloud Services||Provides access to DreamObjects and DreamCompute services.||Cloud Services menu|
|Billing & Account||Provides links to manage your account, make payments, and more.||Billing & Account menu|
|Support||Provides links to the Knowledge base, panel help links, data centers, and the Contact Support page.||Support menu|
Search field box
While you could navigate the panel using the main menu described above, you can also use the search box in the upper right of your panel.
The top right of the panel lists options that are described below:
|Menu item||Where it links||Description|
|Contact Support||Contact Support||Links you to the panel support page where you can submit a ticket.|
|Support History||Support History||Links you to the panel support page where you can view any previous support interactions or messages from DreamHost.|
|Knowledge Base||https://help.dreamhost.com/||DreamHost's Knowledge base that contains articles to help customers find solutions to any issues they may have.|
|System Status||https://www.dreamhoststatus.com/||Opens the DreamHost Status page where you can view any updates regarding scheduled maintenance or unscheduled downtime.|
|Data Centers||Data Centers||Clicking this opens the Data Centers page where you can view the location of your DreamHost servers.|
On the top right of your panel, click your user icon to open the following account information box:
Explanation of account information links
- Profile & Privacy
- Opens the Contact Information page, where you can change your contact information and email address for your account. See the Updating contact information article for more information.
- Opens the Manage Account page, where you can view a list of your active account services such as hosting plans, servers, users created, mailboxes, domains, and databases.
- Opens the Security page where you can configure Multifactor Authentication and change your password.
- Refer & Earn
- Opens the Refer and Earn page, where you can configure an account to earn rewards for referring people to DreamHost. See the Refer & Earn article for more information.
- Opens a dropdown to change the panel language.
- Click the link to end your current session in the panel.