Opening a DreamHost account to register a domain or host your website is a straightforward process, which takes just a few moments to complete. You can sign up immediately using most credit cards. New accounts are often approved automatically. However, if there are payment issues, an account may be held for manual review and you may need to provide additional account verification information.
The following is an overview on the most frequently asked questions regarding billing.
Does DreamHost offer a money back guarantee period?
97 days. This applies to credit card payments on shared hosting plans. No other plans are covered under this policy. View the Terms of Service page for further details.
Are there any setup or hidden fees?
No. You pay only for the services listed when making a payment. There are no additional fees added to your account.
Can I pre-pay for services?
There is not a specific pre-payment option. However, you can make any size payment to your account you like. Anything not immediately billed remains on your account as a credit. When your bill is due, it automatically withdraws from that account credit.
What currency does DreamHost use?
How do I contact someone from Billing?
Support is one unified team. Please submit a ticket and a team member will respond back as soon as possible.
How do I get a breakdown of what I’m paying for?
You can visit the (Panel > 'Billing & Account' > 'Manage Account') page to get a breakdown of all of your services and usage.
Can I set up an automatic debit from my credit card?
Yes. Visit the (Panel > 'Billing & Account” > 'Manage Account') page and click “Make Payment”. You can enter your credit card information in the top section to set up Autopay.
What is Autopay and why is it enabled?
Autopay allows you to automatically pay for your DreamHost services without worrying about manual payments every month—your credit card is charged for DreamHost services on a set schedule. The Autopay option is selected by default whenever you make a manual payment using a credit card.
What payment options are available?
DreamHost accepts credit card, PayPal, check, or money order as a form of payment. All payment types can be made through the web panel except for Money Order. For more information on billing, please visit the Payment methods article.
Does DreamHost offer any special discounts for charitable organizations?
Yes. To take advantage of DreamHost's charitable non-profit discount program, please view the Non-profit Discount page.
This discount is applicable toward a single Shared hosting package per organization. Hosting packages that are already discounted as the result of a sale or other special promotion are not eligible to receive this discount. You must first sign up for a hosting package at the full price before the discount can be applied.
What is DreamHost’s billing address for payments made by mail?
You can mail payments to:
You can always find the billing address in your panel, on the (Panel > 'Billing & Account' > 'Make Payment') page.
Are there any special details to consider when making a payment by mail?
There are a few things to keep in mind if you are submitting a payment via mail:
- If you are mailing in a check payment, please make sure that you write your account number on the check. This ensures that the payment is processed to the correct account. If your check does not have the account number listed, this may delay the processing of your payment.
- It can take 4–5 weeks for a check payment to clear and be applied to your account. Please mail in your check payment early to ensure that your account is not suspended while DreamHost waits for your financial institution to approve the funds. If you need a payment extension or mailed the check late, please contact the DreamHost support team on the (Panel > 'Support' > 'Contact Support') page to request an extension.
- Because DreamHost uses a mailbox service that makes weekly deliveries of mail, other mailed payments (such as money orders) can take up to two weeks to post to your account.
How do I update my billing or contact details?
If your billing details or contact information change, you must update your information in your panel so you do not miss any important notices. The panel also shows who is designated as the owner of the account and who is authorized to contact DreamHost support for account specific issues.
To modify your billing and contact details:
- Log in to your DreamHost panel directly in your DreamHost panel at https://panel.dreamhost.com.
- Navigate to the (Panel > 'HOME' > 'Dashboard') page.
- Click the 'Profile Information' link under your Username on the upper right.
- Your primary contact details designate the owner of the account, and who is automatically contacted with reminder emails as well as account-specific notification emails.
- Click the ‘Make Changes’ link noted above.
- You can then input your new contact or ownership details for the account.
Changing your primary email address will change which email address can be used to log in to the DreamHost panel. Before changing your primary email address, make absolutely sure that the email address is entered accurately to prevent panel login issues.
- The second portion of the page will allow you to add extra additional email addresses to receive account-related messages. This is useful if you need payment reminders sent to a specific person. Please note that only the primary email address will be able to sign in to the DreamHost panel.
- You can also unsubscribe from any optional DreamHost emails on this page.
Can I download a W-9 form for DreamHost?
Some customers may require a Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification (Form W-9) to submit a payment for services that DreamHost provides.
You can download a signed W-9 form for DreamHost LLC at:
View the following link to resolve AutoPay errors:
Where can I view my billing invoices?
You can view a full history of your invoices in your panel. View the following article for details:
Are promo codes available when signing up?
Yes. Promotional codes are offered at special times throughout the year to new customers. View the following article for details:
What about sales tax? Are there any hidden charges?
There is no sales tax on any DreamHost purchase. There are no hidden charges of any kind.
What are the total fees for your hosting services?
Your total cost is the monthly price of the plan you sign up for multiplied by the number of months you decide to prepay. View the following page for a list of hosting options and their pricing plans: