- Accessing atmail webmail using the DreamHost URL
- Updating your email password
- Security warning when using HTTPS with your website URL
- Checking for new mail
- Changing your timezone
- File attachments
- The Spam folder
- Filtering emails into the Spam folder
- Adding a contact
- Deleting a contact
- Adding a contact image
- Adding a group
- Exporting contacts
- Importing contacts
- Misc questions
- Is there a charge for webmail?
- Removing the logo in webmail
- See also
Accessing atmail webmail using the DreamHost URL
Visit the following URL to log into your atmail webmail service:
- The atmail login page opens:
Webmail is automatically configured to connect to the DreamHost mail server. The only credentials you must enter are your email address and password.
Updating your email password
View the following article if you need to update your email password:
Security warning when using HTTPS with your website URL
You can also log into atmail at https://atmail.example.com (where example.com is your website). However, this throws a certificate warning.
This is because the security certificate used by Webmail is written for the dreamhost.com domain, not your personal domain. When you see the warning, accept this certificate and save it in your browser. You should only need to do this once to avoid future warning messages. View the Certificate Domain Mismatch Error article for further details.
Checking for new mail
atmail, by default, does not automatically check for new mail if you leave it open.
- To check for new mail manually, click the refresh button near the top left.
Changing your timezone
Webmail defaults to the server's timezone. You can change it to your local time if you like by following these steps:
- Log into Webmail at http://atmail.dreamhost.com.
- Click the Settings tab at the top.
- Scroll toward the bottom, and then click the dropdown titled 'Timezone'.
- Select your desired timezone.
- Click the Save Settings button at the bottom of the page.
Webmail is a PHP application and the max attachment size available is 40 MB. When creating an email, add an attachment by clicking the button on the bottom right titled 'Attach from Computer'.
The Spam folder
The Spam folder used in Atmail is automatically controlled by the default Vade anti-spam filters for all DreamHost addresses. If you find email is filtered incorrectly or not filtered, you can control this using the Blacklist/Whitelist feature in the panel.
Filtering emails into the Spam folder
atmail allows you to tag emails so they are filtered into your Spam folder. The following steps explain how to tag an email as Spam.
- Right click an email in your inbox.
- From the dropdown, select 'Spam'.
- When you check the Spam folder, the spam email now appears in it.
Doing this updates the Spam signature so it will be caught in the future as well. Another available option is to manually create your own custom filters. This way you can control into which folder spam messages are sent.
Adding a contact
To add a new contact:
- Click the 'New Contact' button on the top left.
- In the right pane, enter the contact details.
- When finished, click the Save Contact button at the bottom.
Deleting a contact
- Highlight the contact.
- Make sure the checkbox is 'checked'.
- Click the trashcan icon to delete it.
There is no confirmation message to confirm the deletion. If you click the Trash icon, the contact is immediately deleted.
Adding a contact image
To add an image to the contact, simply click the silhouette icon:
Search your computer for an image, and then save it.
Adding a group
- Click the 'New Group' icon on the top left.
- Enter your group name.
- If necessary, drag and drop contacts into this group.
- Select the contacts you wish to export.
- Click the Export icon on the top left.
- Choose to save as a .vcf or .csv file.
- Click the import icon on the top left.
- Select the file to import on your home computer.
- The contacts are immediately imported.
The file must be in .vcf format.
Is there a charge for webmail?
No. Webmail is free with any purchased hosting plan. Please note that there is currently no Email-Only hosting plan. You must purchase a website hosting plan to use the free email service.
Removing the logo from webmail
Unfortunately, there is currently not a way to remove the DreamHost logo from webmail.