This page is an overview on the most frequently asked questions regarding billing.
What is DreamHost’s billing address for payments made by mail?
Payments can be mailed to:
You can always find the billing address in your panel, on the (Panel > ‘Billing & Account’ > ‘Make Payment’) page.
Are there any special details to consider when making a payment by mail?
There are a few things you will want to keep in mind if you are submitting a payment via mail:
- If you are mailing in a check payment, please make sure that you write your account number on the check. This is to ensure that the payment is processed to the correct account. If your check does not have the account number listed, this may cause problems and delay the processing of your payment.
- It can take 4–5 weeks for a check payment to clear and be applied to your account. Please mail in your check payment early to ensure that your account is not suspended while DreamHost waits for your financial institution to approve the funds. If you need a payment extension or mailed the check late, please contact the DreamHost support team on the (Panel > 'Support' > 'Contact Support') page to request an extension.
- Because DreamHost uses a mailbox service that makes weekly deliveries of mail, other mailed payments (such as money orders) can take up to two weeks to post to your account.
How do I update my billing or contact details?
If your billing details or contact information change, you will also want to update your information in your panel so you do not miss any important notices. This also designates who is specified as the owner of the account and who is authorized to contact DreamHost support for account specific issues.
To modify your billing and contact details:
- Log in to your DreamHost panel directly in your DreamHost panel at https://panel.dreamhost.com.
- Navigate to the (Panel > 'HOME' > 'Dashboard') page.
- Click the 'Profile Information' link under your Username on the upper right.
- Your primary contact details designate the owner of the account, and who is automatically contacted with reminder emails as well as account-specific notification emails.
- Click the ‘Make Changes’ link noted above.
- You can then input your new contact or ownership details for the account.
Changing your primary email address will change which email address can be used to log in to the DreamHost panel. Before changing your primary email address, make absolutely sure that the email address is entered accurately to prevent panel login issues.
- The second portion of the page will allow you to add extra additional email addresses to receive account-related messages. This is useful if you need payment reminders sent to a specific person. Please note that only the primary email address will be able to sign in to the DreamHost panel.
- You can also unsubscribe from any optional DreamHost emails on this page.
Can I download a W-9 form for DreamHost?
Some customers may require a Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification (Form W-9) to submit a payment for services that DreamHost provides.
You can download a signed W-9 form for DreamHost LLC at: