Fees and refunds
Does DreamHost offer a money back guarantee?
There is a 97-day refund policy for Shared hosting plans purchased with a credit card. No other plans are covered under this policy. View the Terms of Service page for further details.
Are there any setup or hidden fees?
No. You pay only for the services listed when making a payment. There are no additional fees added to your account.
Is sales tax added to services?
There is no sales tax on any DreamHost purchase.
Are there any hidden charges?
There are no hidden charges of any kind.
What are the total fees for your hosting services?
Your total cost is the monthly price of the plan you sign up for multiplied by the number of months you decide to prepay. View the following page for a list of hosting options and their pricing plans:
How can I prevent my hosting services from renewing automatically?
Each DreamHost service automatically renews at the end of its service period. The only way to prevent a service from renewing is to end it before it automatically renews. It’s possible to end each DreamHost service without closing the account. View the following article for further information:
Can I pre-pay for services?
There is no pre-payment option, however you can make a payment to your account at any time you like. Anything not immediately billed remains on your account as a credit. When your bill is due, it automatically withdraws from that account credit.
Can I use cryptocurrencies to pay for DreamHost services?
Cryptocurrencies are currently not available for use at DreamHost.
What currency does DreamHost use?
What payment options are available?
DreamHost accepts credit card, PayPal, check, or money order as a form of payment. All payment types can be made through the web panel except for Money Order. For more information on billing, please visit the Payment methods article.
Can I set up an automatic debit from PayPal or my credit/debit card?
Yes. View the following articles for instructions on how to set up AutoPay:
What is AutoPay and why is it enabled?
AutoPay allows you to automatically pay for your DreamHost services without worrying about manual payments every month—your credit/debit card (or PayPal) is charged for DreamHost services on a set schedule. Please note the following about AutoPay:
- When you use a credit card or PayPal to pay for a hosting service, your account is automatically set to AutoPay.
- Your account is auto-renewed on the hosting service's billing cycle date. You can check the renewal date at any time by opening the Manage Account page in your panel. See the following article for more information:
- DreamHost sends you early reminders about the upcoming renewal and the expected renewal period.
See the following article if you wish to prevent your hosting services from renewing automatically:
View the following link to resolve AutoPay errors:
How do I contact someone from Billing?
Support is one unified team. Please submit a ticket and a team member will respond back as soon as possible.
How do I get a breakdown of what I’m paying for?
You can visit the Manage Account page to get a breakdown of all of your services and usage.
Does DreamHost offer any special discounts for charitable organizations?
Yes. To take advantage of DreamHost's charitable Non-Profit discount program, please view the Non-profit Discount page.
This discount is applicable toward a single Shared hosting package per organization, or a discounted rate on a DreamPress plan. Hosting packages that are already discounted as the result of a sale or other special promotion are not eligible to receive this discount. You must first sign up for a hosting package at the full price before the discount can be applied.
What is DreamHost’s billing address for payments made by mail?
You can mail payments to:
You can always find the billing address in your panel, on the Make Payment page.
Are there any special details to consider when making a payment by mail?
There are a few things to keep in mind if you are submitting a payment via mail:
- If you are mailing in a check payment, please make sure that you write your account number on the check. This ensures that the payment is processed to the correct account. If your check does not have the account number listed, this may delay the processing of your payment.
- It can take 4–5 weeks for a check payment to clear and be applied to your account. Please mail in your check payment early to ensure that your account is not suspended while DreamHost waits for your financial institution to approve the funds. If you need a payment extension or mailed the check late, please contact the DreamHost support team on the Contact Support page to request an extension.
- Because DreamHost uses a mailbox service that makes weekly deliveries of mail, other mailed payments (such as money orders) can take up to two weeks to post to your account.
Can I download a W-9 form for DreamHost?
Some customers may require a Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification (Form W-9) to submit a payment for services that DreamHost provides.
You can download a signed W-9 form for DreamHost LLC at:
Where can I view my billing invoices?
You can view a full history of your invoices in your panel. View the following article for details:
Can the billing plan be switched at any time?
What credit card information does DreamHost store?
DreamHost does not store any credit card information. When you use your credit card, tokens are used to replace your data before passing it to the credit card processor to verify the transaction is valid.
These tokens cannot be used with any other payments-related transactions, so your data remains secure.